Musings from Home

...on anything and everything

Sunday 24 July 2011

A new gallery to open in Wigton



I am delighted to announce that The Fountain Gallery will open in Wigton in September 2011. It will be run by a co-operative of over a dozen local artists and craftspeople, and I am proud to be one of them!  This is a nice piece of irony for me, as, many years ago, I ran a small gallery on the opposite side of the road, down the alley called Duke Street.



"The Thorn" one of my recent paintings. Acrylics and mixed media


The gallery is named after Wigton's Memorial Fountain, built in 1872 by George Moore for his wife Eliza


1 comment:

  1. I am a stained glass artist living in Wigton. How can I get get involved? Please contact me on email: sjcreations@tiscali.co.uk, or via my website st http://www.sarahzstainedglass.com.
    Thank you.
    Sarah Jackson

    ReplyDelete